In view of the implementation, from January 1, 2023, of the Decree on the Minimum Wage, PASP wants to inform its footballers members the following:
1. According to the Decree, from January 1, 2023 the minimum salary is set at €885 gross per month for the first 6 months of employment and at €940 gross per month for the following months of employment.
2. For footballers who on January 1, 2023 will not have yet completed 6 months of continuous employment by the same club, the club will be allowed to pay them €885 gross monthly, until the completion of these 6 months. After completing 6 months of employment, however, the minimum salary will be the amount of €940 gross per month.
3. If for example a football player started at his club in the summer of 2022 and his first payment was in August 2022, this means that his 6th month of employment is completed at the end of January 2023. For January 2023 his salary will be at least at €885 gross, while from February onwards the club will be obliged to pay him at least €940 gross monthly.
4. The Decree is in full force and applies to all professional contracts that will be in force on January 1, 2023, regardless of whether they were signed before January 1, 2023.
5. The decision of the CFA of the summer of 2022 for a minimum wage of €150 per month, is no longer valid since it is now contrary to the provisions of the Decree.
6. We advise that, when signing employment contracts, you make sure that your stated remuneration is not lower than the amounts mentioned above. That is, at least €885 gross monthly for the first 6 months and at least €940 gross monthly from the 7th month onwards.